48 At the C.M. Russell Museum




Before returning home Sunday after giving a podcasting session at "The Art of Leadership" workshop for the Montana Arts Council, I visited the C.M. Russell Museum in Great Falls. The museum has some fine artwork by the revered Western painter, along with letters and mementos of his younger years. I enjoyed hearing stories about Russell from Dan Schlecht, the Hampton Inn weekend maintenance guy who drove me to the musuem and whose grandparents knew the artist. On a quiet Sunday morning, museum shop assistant David Morand showed me around and had his own good stories to tell. I highly recommend this destination if you find yourself anywhere Great Falls. The workshop, where I presented with Dale Erquiaga and Jim Copenhaver, was partly funded by a grant from the.

I'm hoping the museum's chief executive officer and David's Mom, Anne Morand, will be inspired by my workshop session to put up a Charlie Russell podcast sometime soon!

Labels:

Wednesday, May 21, 2008


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?