Packing the Nano


Darlene, Claire and I are leave soon for the RTD Skyride to Denver International, en route to Boston for a 12-day family visit. These days my packing routine includes the happy task of picking which podcasts I will load into my 4 gig iPod Nano. Here is today's audio itinerary, more than enough to keep me occupied on a flight to New Zealand:

Connecting the Dots: brainy tech and social reflections by Steve Borsch

Accident Hash: A music show from Boston, hosted by C.C. Chapman

Daily Source Code: Everyone's first podcast, hosted by the Podfather, Adam Curry

Instapundit: I just came across this one, done by top blogger Glenn Reynolds and his wife Helen.

The Word Nerds: A brilliant show about language by three English teachers.

Slate Podcasts: Andy Bowers of NPR is my favorite podcaster. He "gets it" when it comes to voice and compelling content, sometimes as simple as reading a Slate story with little comment.

Well, there are about 10 others I'll be listening to, but I've run out of time. I love creating my own audio program for a long flight. I even am treating myself to the cushy Bose headphones, having read one too many scare stories about how all those white Apple ear buds are going to cause deafness in a whole generation.

The Mile High Chronicles will be on the road in Cambridge, Massachusetts for the next 12 days. Stay tuned!

Thursday, March 23, 2006


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?