Reporting for Duty


This morning I stopped by the office of St. John Tradewinds , the island's weekly newspaper, to offer my free services as an occasional reporter. I was expecting the general manager to be old, someone who had been reporting on the doings of "St. Johnians", as they are referred to in the paper, for decades. Instead, MaLinda Nelson is at least two decades younger than I am, and she was very interested in my offer. In fact, she on the spot assigned me to tour the Wind Spirit, a 140-passenger sailing cruise ship that will stop in Cruz Bay on Sunday, for a feature with photos. I have a call in to the PR firm in Seattle to make the arrangements. The Tradewinds is a tightly edited, clean journal amazingly put out by MaLinda, one reporter, and an ad salesperson who also writes a column.

Thursday, January 27, 2005


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?